How to Foster Leads with Text Automation
Some of the biggest buzz words in today’s sales world are “automation” and “mobile” and there’s as huge reason for that. As more and more customers are turning to their mobile devices for their everyday needs, sales and marketing teams need to keep up with the rapidly-changing pace that comes with mobile technology.
One of the hardest obstacles to overcome in any lead funnel is conversion. How can you keep leads interested long enough to buy your product over your competitor’s product?
The answer is simple: text automation. Keep reading to learn how you can turn smartphones around the world into the most powerful sales tools in your arsenal.
The Problem with Leads
Nothing is more encouraging than seeing a ton of leads in your lead funnel. These are potential customers who have actively expressed their interest in your products or services. What could be better than that?
Unfortunately—as you’ve probably experienced—99% of these leads won’t ever convert into actual deals. This can be incredibly discouraging, and you’re probably wondering where you’ve gone wrong. Is there something wrong with your sales funnel management? Are you not using the right calls to action?
When it comes down to the basics, customers just aren’t ready to buy at the same time they interact with your website or sales team, even if they’re 100% sales qualified leads. As such, it’s your responsibility to nurture these leads. Let’s take a look at how.
Where Text Automation Can Help
Nurturing a sales qualified lead to an actual conversion is the hardest part of the process, and it takes time. It’s called nurturing for a reason!
This part of the sales pipeline stages requires patience and care. Keep in mind that there are tons of moving parts involved in this process, which is why it’s important to find a more streamlined process.
This is where text automation comes into play.
Fostering leads through SMS messaging offers a wide variety of benefits for your sales pipeline. Let’s take a look at the facts:
- Almost everyone owns a cell phone
- Customers open and read almost 100% of text messages
- Customers respond to almost 50% of their texts within 90 seconds
- Customers want to text businesses, but get frustrated that those same businesses don’t provide them with that option
- Texting leads can possibly result in up to a 300% increase in your conversion rate
Knowing these facts, why wouldn’t you want to use text messaging to foster relationships with potential customers? There is a ton of untapped potential to give your sales and conversion funnels can have a second chance through text automation.
How to Get Started with SMS Lead Generation
So, now that you know how much texting leads can help, you’ll likely want to know how to get started. Follow these steps to start building your SMS strategy:
- Plan, Plan, Plan – As with any solid marketing campaign, you’ll need to do your planning upfront. Identify your demographic and paint a clear picture of each step you’ll take to work with text leads.
- Make Your SMS Number Available Everywhere – Mobile devices are everywhere, which is why it’s important that your SMS number is available everywhere. Your customers should be able to find your number in print marketing materials, on your webpage, on your social media pages and on your Google listing page to start.
- Don’t Forget the Call to Action – As part of your CTAs, make sure customers know that they can text you. Use CTAs like “Text us for a free quote” or “Text now for a product demo.”
- Automate SMS Lead Follow Ups – All lead funnels leak potential customers, sometimes to an alarming amount. Automated text follow ups help re-capture those “lost” leads.
How Aktify Can Propel You Forward
Here at Aktify, we want to help you make more connections with your potential customers. This is why we created Revive. With this revolutionary product, we can automate your outreach to stalled leads and help you revive cold leads and turn them into warm ones.
Contact us today to request a demo and see how you can keep all those customers from falling through the cracks.